Efforts by state politicians to dismantle public pensions have been heavily swayed by misperceptions rather than fact. Meet the working families being impacted and learn the real facts about public pensions.
NPPC Personal Stories
- Modesto Public Employee Stories Public employees and retirees shared facts and personal stories as part of a statewide Pension Truth Squad tour to defend retirement security for all working people.
- Palm Springs Public Employee Stories Public employees and retirees from the Coachella Valley discuss their pensions as part of the Pension Truth Squad.
- Fresno Public Employee Stories Public employees and retirees in Fresno discuss facts and dispel myths about public employee retirement pay. A teacher, mail worker and police officer tell their stories.
- More »
Studies & Reports
Helpful information on the state of pensions today
- Oct 2013 The Plot Against Pensions
- May 2013 New Pension Plan Could Increase Taxpayer Costs and Cut Benefits Deeply
- May 2013 Pew Center for the States Primer National Public Pension Coalition Pew Center for the States has had a presence in a number of states. Despite their claims to be an impartial think tank advocating for fair and transparent policies, Pew’s involvement in the pension fight is anything but fair and transparent.
- More »